There are several kinds of massage available each focusing on different parts of your body. But before you dive into the benefits, you must know what massage is. Traditional Chinese massage is a practice of physically rubbing and applying pressure to various acupressure points and kneading the body parts in order to relax the muscles and joints as well as improve the limbic and central nervous systems. A person trained in giving massage i.e. a massage therapist performs the therapy on your body in a targeted fashion depending on your body’s needs.
Here are the types of massage and a summarized list of benefits provided. Find out which one is best for you.
Hot Bian Stone
Deep Tissue Massage
Trigger Point Massage
Shiatsu (finger pressure in Japanese)
The range of massage benefits varies depending on the type of massage selected, your specific needs and the training available by a given therapist or Oriental Medical Doctor (OMD).
A Brief list of massage benefits includes:
· Improves nervous system directly while increasing relaxation
· Helps improve sleep
· It clears neural pathways returning your natural energy and flexibility of nerves
· Increases blood circulation
· Toxin removal from your body
· Reduces migraine and headache frequency
Targeted treatment for women during menstruation and pregnancy
· Long term muscle and joint pain relief
· Improves joint flexibility
· Reduces injury recovery time
· Improves posture while reducing back pain
Decreases stress and uplift your mood